Rickards Legal has extensive experience in all aspects of leasing, acting for landlords and tenants involving commercial and retail leases.
Most commercial and retail leases are governed by the Retail Leases Act 2003 (RLA). The RLA is complex legislation and Rickards Legal has extensive experience and knowledge in the area of the RLA and related areas.
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, our highly skilled lawyers can prepare both retail and non-retail commercial leases and can advise on leasing disputes.
In particular, we have extensive experience in:
- Non Retail Leases Act leases advice;
- Retail Leases Act 2003 advice;
- Leases (commercial, retail, industrial and licensed premises);
- Disclosure statements;
- Preparing agreements for lease;
- Assignments and transfers of lease;
- Subleases and licence agreements;
- Advice on leasing disputes;
- Acting or landlords and tenants in all retail lease disputes;
- Small Business Commissioner mediations and disputes; and
- VCAT and court proceedings relating to retail leases.
If you are a landlord or tenant, or find you are involved in a lease dispute, please contact our team for advice and guidance.